What you'll do
- You will build big websites or web applications and have a significant impact on thousands of users. You will have the chance to start a few of those projects on a greenfield and decide on the involved technology and architecture.
- You will build tooling libraries that many other developers use. You will be responsible for the overall architecture, writing and maintaining the documentation platform, and take care of the distribution & release management.
- UI libraries are a commodity these days. You will contribute to such libraries by writing sophisticated components with tests and accessibility in mind. You will extend the ecosystem surrounding them like test automation and improve the showcase application to try them out.
- You will act as the mentor for aspiring engineering talents, and you actively share knowledge with your peers to create team redundancy and backfill ability.
Who you are
- You need to understand HTML & CSS. That's the vital foundation of the web, and you should treat them as such. You need to know the standards floating around those technologies and be able to follow their evolution.
- You are proficient in writing tests across the entire test pyramid (E2E/UI, Integration, Unit). We will never pursue a 100% test coverage for the sake of the number, but we understand the importance of testing, so you should too.
- CI/CD is not part of your core business being a frontend developer, but you will definitely have regular touchpoints, and you will occasionally extend or even create essential pipelines.
- We are a growing company, but we already offer clear guidance for your career growth. We offer two professional tracks: individual contributor track and management track.
- On the individual contributor track, you keep being a programmer. We offer progression and recognition beyond your senior level, though. We empower you to become an expert and influence decisions, our technical environment, and best practices.
- The management track gives you the chance to become an engineering manager. You will continue to code, but you will also support your direct reports to thrive personally and professionally at Satellytes.
- We offer people regular remote working opportunities. We have an office for our employees to see each other and work together onsite if you like. Approach us if you have questions.
- Our comfy office is located very centrally in Munich, directly at Sendlinger Tor close to the subway station of the same name.
- Flexible working hours, so you can manage your day.
- We offer child care benefits and provide the flexibility to unite parenting and work.